There are just a few weeks left in 2013, so now’s the time to launch a successful New Year. The following are our top five IT Resolutions that we recommend to clients:
1. Start managing your security patching and firmware upgrades. Don’t be a victim of viruses, malware, and obvious cyber attacks in 2014. Most damage occurs by exploiting security weaknesses, because organizations fail to consistently patch operating systems and applications.
2. Automate your backup and remove barriers to successful data recovery. Many organizations still rely on magnetic media which, have very high rates of failure over time. Now is the time to move your backups to disk and automate offsite storage of your valuable data.
3. Upgrade server and workstation/laptop operating systems more than five years old. Organizations have been holding off on refreshing their operating systems due to budget constraints over the past few years. Now, organizations are dealing with operating systems that are no longer supported by the developer.
4. Review your organization’s phone and data services. Now is the time to take advantage of decreasing costs and increasing speeds. Most organizations use the same phone and data circuit providers for many years, without reviewing them for cost savings.
5. Involve your IT team in business decision-making and goal planning. An IT team that understands your organization’s goals will be more readily able to ensure your technology best aligns to those goals. Many organizations spend a lot of time planning for the coming year, without ensuring that the infrastructure is capable of effectively supporting the organization’s 2014 initiatives.
Protelligent can help launch these resolutions and make 2014 focused, productive, happy, and confident.
Comments are closed.